The youth agenda is a vibrant agenda globally, with governments and institutions devoting resources to ensuring youth inclusion for sustainability of discourses that affect human livelihood. The SCAAC Conference organisers carefully designed the Young Climate Actors (YOCA) sponsors category to promote participation of youth in the Conference as well as increase their knowledge, enthusiasm & volunteerism in climate action and dialogues at all levels ultimately promoting sustainability of climate action.
A YOCA participant distinguishes themselves as a youth with voluntary zeal for climate action. Volunteerism is important for young people because it enriches our society, brings us together as a community and strengthens civic engagement, safeguards social inclusion deepens solidarity and solidifies ownership of development results.
- To qualify as a YOCA sponsor an individual/group/organisation will sponsor a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 8 university students in undergraduate or postgraduate programmes or persons aged between 18 to 28 years. The number of slots available for this category is limited.
- A YOCA conference participant will be required to show evidence of their eligibility for YOCA status.
- The YOCA sponsorship is designed with, individuals/groups/organisations whose mandate revolves around the youth, in mind.
- A sponsor in any of the other conference sponsorship categories may at their own will, consider sponsoring YOCA participants as an additional sponsorship category.
Benefits of YOCA sponsorship
- Opportunity to brand YOCA participants and/or a youth friendly item of choice
- Opportunity to network with the YOCA team
- Introduction & recognition as a YOCA sponsor during conference
- Privilege to define his terms of sponsorship either as full or partial
- Students’ group registration discount of 5% (Silver discount) of total group cost.
- Exhibition space with opportunity to work with YOCA participants
- Brochure insert in participants gift bag
- Official recognition as YOCA sponsor on Conference sponsors webpage
- Access to soft copies of Conference proceedings
- Free to record presentations
Additional guidelines on sponsorship & exhibition
- Exclusive sponsorship means that logos of the Sponsor will appear on the elements of the Conference exclusively.
- Conference prime-time to play clips/films is the time just before the day’s Conference programme begins or during an ongoing Conference session.
- Break-out sessions are the breaks taken in between Conference sessions.
- Discounts applicable under sponsorship and exhibition packages are applicable to Conference registration fees only.
- To maximize on discount rates, sponsors and exhibitors are encouraged to consider early bird registration.
- Names of persons/students selected for the discounted rates and/or complimentary tickets should be indicated on the sponsorship and exhibition EOI form.
- Deadline for submitting the sponsorship and exhibition EOI form: Friday, 3rd April 2020
- Deadline for sponsorship and exhibition payments: on or before Friday, 17th April 2020
- Exhibition setup timeframe: Saturday, 16th May to Tuesday, 19th May, 2020
Register to be a sponsor and/or exhibitor