General safety and security is assured for Conference participants while they will be at the Conference venue. Conference participants are encouraged to take measures to secure personal property.
- The Conference venue (University of Embu) has a 24 hour security patrol by trained and experienced security personnel.
- The Conference venue is equipped with adequate safety installations to guard against prolifelation of safety risks such as fire.
- The venue has a large pool of trained fire marshals among the Conference organisers who will be present during the Conference.
- The venue is within close proximity of the National security and intelligence establishment, hence quick response to emergency.
- The Conference participants will be taken through an induction of security and safety measures while at the Conference venue and in areas of residence.
- Conference participants are encouraged to report any potential security and safety breach observed to the Conference organisers immediately.
- The University complies with Disability Mainstreaming standards to ensure that persons with special needs are comfortable within the Conference premises.
- The University is a discrimination free zone.
Embu County, which is the Conference’s host County, is one of the counties that are relatively serene & peaceful in Kenya. The County’s geographical aspects are also stable with no recorded occurrence of natural atmospheric catastrophes.