REVIEW OF ABSTRACTS AND PAPERS
- Abstracts will go though a blind peer review process.
- Abstract reviewers will be required to register for consideration as an abstracts reviewer.
- Reviewers’ feedback will be sent to the corresponding author, and will be responsible for disseminating the feedback to relevant/interested parties.
GUIDELINES FOR REVIEWERS OF ABSTRACTS, PAPERS AND POSTERS
- All reviewers shall ensure review and feedback of abstract with 5 days of receipt.
- A reviewer must meet at least two or more of the stipulated criteria for selection.
- Reviewers must be committed to reading the abstract submitted and giving feedback to the author, to enhance efficacy and scientific integrity of SCAAC.
- Review shall consider abstracts for oral presentation or poster presentation.
- Abstract review details should remain confidential between the reviewer, abstract selection technical sub-committee and the conference committee.
- A reviewer that feels or are otherwise identified as having a conflict of interest in the review process, shall be expected to declare so by informing the Conference committee of the source of conflict.
- The abstract selection technical committee shall be responsible of making the final selection of the abstracts recommended for oral or poster presentations.
- A simple scoring procedure will be used to objectively select abstracts for presentation during the Conference.
CALL FOR SCAAC 2020 ABSTRACT REVIEWERS
The deadline for submission of abstracts for the SCAAC 2020 was Friday, 14th February, 2020. The deadline for notifying author(s) about acceptance or non-acceptance of their abstracts was on Friday, 28th February, 2020. As a reviewer, you have the opportunity to take part in a scientific and quality assurance process of the content to be disseminated during and after the Conference.
The SCAAC Organising Committee therefore calls for Expression of Interest (EOI) from qualified persons/parties to be part of the review process. Deadline for application: Friday, 17th January 2020
Register as a reviewer
Abstract review & Editorial Team
- Dr. Benard Gichimu – Editor-in-Chief
- Dr. Hezron Mogaka
- Dr. Justin Nyaga
- Dr. Gladys Sitati
- Dr. Hannah Karuri
- Dr. Jackson Wachira